Saturday, August 6, 2011

Farmer's Wife QAL - Week 3

So I'm a leeetle behind -- I'm not going to sweat it, though. I've just had too much fun with other projects, and my mind is teeming with more ideas for projects.

This block, butterfly at the crossroads, took me a long time.  The template cutting was kinda fussy, and because it is a 5-grid block drafted to be a six inches finished, the math was beyond me to avoid using the templates. That's not to say I didn't enjoy making it -- it just took me more time than I wanted to spend on it.

Block 14 - Butterfly at the Crossroads
Snowball, on the other hand, was easy peasy.  I love the simplicity of this block.  I also decided to go with a solid cream background as much as possible.  Looking at the other blocks I made previously, they all looked a bit busy to me so I thought to tone things down a bit.  I don't know, too boring?

Block 81 - Snowball

No comments: