Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Knitting and Some Shopping

I've been trying to motivate myself to knit again, but it's been difficult. The gratification is so long delayed and the end result somewhat hit-or-miss.  So I've casted on a few projects only to rip them out again.

Anyhow, I started casting on yesterday to make Hannah Fetig's (AKA Knitbot) Spring Ribbed Cardigan. This pattern really appeals to me because they're knit top-down in one piece.


OK, so I haven't gotten very far yet. But we just got the new Harry Potter movie on Blu-Ray, so that's going to be my sit-down project for tonight.

The yarn is called Alpaca Kid Lustre. I bought it three years ago from the Yarn Garden to make a cardigan from one of the Jo Sharp "Knit" books. I finished knitting all but the sleeves before abandoning it, something about all the curled up pieces didn't appeal to me at that point. I've since left it too long to figure out where I left off so I'll have to rip out what I've already used up on the now defunct cardi. 


Look what else I got my hands on! I was pretty excited to see the new Moda pre-cuts at my LQS. I won't show you everything else I bought (Sherbet Pips FQ pack, Strawberry Fields F8ths), cause I'm kinda embarrassed by my gluttony.

I wanted to try Little Miss Shabby's Peppermint Snowballs Quilt featured in Moda Bake Shop, but my LQS doesn't have the Sherbet Pips yardage in yet, so I'll have to wait.


No comments: