Saturday, April 2, 2011

More Card Cases

These are slightly bigger than the one from the previous post.  When I stuffed it full of cards, it proved to be just a little too snug so I added 1/4 of an inch to the width and length.  I also rounded the corners on the tab a little more.

The denim one is upcycled from a really nice pair of jeans that Mr. Elvy wore and tore while building the chicken coop last year. I tried to patch it up a few times, but the patch just wouldn't hold and the hole kept getting bigger. He started looking like a raggamuffin in patched-up, holey jeans so they have now been fully retired.

The brown one with pink flowers is from a Michael Miller print I used to make an apron a long time ago.  I've found that I do need to interface the quilting-weight fabrics, but the denim needed no additional interfacing, even on the gingham that I used for the lining.

I have a couple more denim ones cut for Nos. 1 and 2. They're saving up their allowance money for something special and need little wallets to put all their earnings.

No comments: