Well, I'm pretty pleased with the result. This is the Kokka fabric I was talking about in my last post. I bought it at Cool Cottons. There's a very good selection of Kokka there, so I plan on going back to get some "boy" type prints for a mail sack for #1's music books (more on this later). The lining is Moda's Essential Basics dots. I should have taken a picture of the D-ring I used on the strap, it's pretty cool too (found at Fabric Depot).
Even after all the trouble I had with this pattern (see my last post), it did not get easier with this bag. First, I decided to start over and add the 1/4-inch seam allowance. I had the pieces all cut and thought to use the pattern pieces from the prior Mocca bag for the interfacing. When I went to do this, I finally figured out that even with adding the 1/4-inch seam allowance, the pieces were off-size because I forgot to turn the "scale" function off on the printer. UGH!!!
It turned out well, nonetheless. I changed a couple of things (again). First, I inverted the pleats as called for in the directions. I like how this looks better than on the Mocca bag. Second, I added two buttons, just for decoration. Finally, I made the inset pocket again, but didn't take a picture of it as it's the same as on the Mocca purse.
I made a matching wallet with a cute little domed button.
I love this button.
Finally, a close-up of the little red riding hood print. It's probably a little to young for me, but I've gotten to a point where I no longer care.