Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Bucket Bag

I'm serious this time -- this is truly my favorite bag! It's another Keyka Lou pattern called the bucket bag, super easy to make and so well drafted. I used a cotton velveteen that I've had for quite some time. I was doubtful I could sew with it, because it was so thick, but it turned out to be much easier than I thought.




The lining is this fun elliptical polka dot from Moma's It's a Hoot line for Moda. I love this fabric. If you could see it in real life, it has a lovely, smooth hand, which I think might be more typical of Japanese produced quilting fabrics, and less of a broadcloth-y feel.

I added a keychain clasp and the zippered pocket. The original pattern has the front patch pocket but no interior pocket. I love the length of the strap hang and the deepness of the bag.



No comments: