This dress was a Christmas present for a special little two-year-old. It's from a modkid pattern by Patty Young and was super easy to make. I think it will be fairly wearable, in that there are no zippers or buttons, you just slip it on over your head. In the winter, I can see it over a turtleneck and leggings. The pattern also has a short-sleeve option, as well as a tunic option. I made a size 2, but the pattern runs all the way up to a 7.
The main fabric is called cocca from the Alexander Henry collection. I don't know if it's still in print as it's been in my stash for a long time, but I see a lot of items in this print. I saw two bolts of this at my local Joann's in Clackamas. The neck, sleeves, and hem were finished with red polka dot bias trim, which I cut from Robert Kaufman's pimatex line. Here is a detail of the neck:
I bought one yard of the red polka dot fabric and have used it for multiple projects. Unfortunately, I needed exactly 1/4 yard running the WOF for the obi (sash) but didn't have quite enough after cutting the trim on the bias. So I improvised and used the polka dot on one side and faced it on the other side (shown) using a remnant of Michael Miller's ta-dot.
I do love how the dress turned out. The pattern was also well-drafted and the instructions clearly written.