Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Prezzies

I think I might have gotten carried away.  But, these pocket clutches were SO fun to make, I couldn't stop at just one.  Now everyone is getting a pocket clutch for Christmas.

 These are pretty small -- I should have put a prop in to illustrate scale.  They measure about seven inches wide and four inches tall.  There is an extra front pocket in addition to the main pocket (see photo below).  An i-phone will fit in the main pocket quite comfortably with some extra room for lip gloss, etc.

This particular one is made with a Japanese cotton canvas by Kokka; the interior is by Monaluna for Robert Kaufman.  I will post about the other ones at a later date.  I added a cute little wooden button to this one to finish the look.


It took me a couple of times to get the placement of that little tab on the bottom correctly.  In fact, I finished one that is completely backwards; it was so backwards, it could not be saved.  This one I had to rip out once and place the tab right side out.  It is actually not that difficult, I just didn't look at the picture in the instructions very carefully.

No comments: