Sunday, October 16, 2011

Designer Mystery Block-of-the-Month: Installment One

This is my first ever block-of-the-month program.  It's so exciting when when the kit arrives in the mail each month, like a little surprise, because you don't know what the block will look like or who designed it until it arrives on your doorstep. 

This is Block 1, called "Sweet Pea," designed by Bonnie Olaveson and Camille Roskelley.

I chose this program for the fabric, Strawberry Fields. I absolutely love this line but am kinda bummed that I didn't order the finishing kit right off. As far as I can tell, it's now sold out, as I can't find it on the store website, but I'll keep my eyes out for it. This BOM is offered exclusively by The Fat Quarter Shop, details here.

Getting better at piecing -- my corners are mostly spot-on!

1 comment:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Gorgeous block and great corners!! I love this line of fabric too. Good luck with finding the finishing kit, if you don't can you just order some yardage?