Friday, September 16, 2011

The (Unfaithful) Farmer's Wife - Week 4

I have not been true to my FWQAL blocks, true, but it's never too late to make amends.  Especially as these two blocks are so pretty.  This first one, Whirlwind (No. 43) was easy peasy.  For once, I didn't have to use the templates, as the math was fairly straightforward.

Block 103. Whirlwind
This next one, however, was very challenging.  I have tried to avoid Y-seams in the past, and now I remember why I made that vow.  I had to rip out those seams on the coral polka-dot after my first attempt.  My triangle points also did not match up as well as I would have liked.  With a total of 44 pieces in this block, some of the seams got kinda bulky, and I just didn't know how to avoid that.  It's not perfect, no, but it's finished.  And I love how the colors came together at the end. For a truly lovely version of this block, look here.  This is what I aspire to...

Block 43. Garden Path

No comments: