Monday, May 2, 2011

The Flores Clutch

I tried out a new clutch pattern this past weekend from ithinksew.com. It turned out pretty well, I think. The pattern was relatively easy for a mid-level sewer like me. The only challenging part for me was the front flap detail, which required some pinning and clipping.



The fabric is an old Amy Butler print from her Belle collection that I bought at Bolt, the first time I ever visited. The solid is also Amy Butler -- I have to say, her solids coordinate really well with a wide range of her prints.


The pattern didn't call for any pockets on the inside, so I added a small zippered pocket using a six-inch zipper which turned out to be the perfect size.


Here's the back -- I'm getting much better about centering print motifs.

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a beautiful clutch. The front detailing is so different and looks tricky. Amy B's fabric is a great choice of fabric. You'll get lots of comments when you're out and about with it.

Yadira said...

This clutch turned out really cute. I'm loving all those curves.

sweet cheeks designs said...

supercute! i love that blue.