Saturday, July 27, 2019

Activated Charcoal Facial Soap with Tea Tree EO



I’m dabbling in soap making again, mostly because it’s like cooking but without the eating and the calories. I have two batches of soap curing right now. Because these two batches need to cure for four weeks and won’t be ready until late August, I needed just a little bit of instant gratification.

This is a melt-and-pour project from Brambleberry, which is where I also bought all my supplies. I cut the recipe in half (about 16 oz), which is a little less than 3.8 oz per flower. This is intended to be a facial soap, as activated charcoal, tamanu oil, and tea tree EO are all said to have healthy skin and healing properties.

I adjusted the recipe as follows:

11 oz shea butter melt and pour
1.5 tsp tamanu oil
.5  tsp activated charcoal
2 mL tea tree EO
99% isopropyl alcohol spray

UPDATE: I will update once I actually use it!

No comments: