Monday, May 7, 2012

And Just Like That...


...two months are gone.  As my 5-year-old likes to say when he loses something, "Poof, it just disappeared."

I'm trying to recall what happened to those two months since my last post.  I think we just got really busy, as a family and also individually with work.  I didn't have much time for sewing, and I wasn't wholly enthusiastic about the project I was working on.  Also, like anything else, blogging works best if it's part of a routine and habit.  Our routine (or lack thereof) was so hectic, I fell out of the habit.

On to sewing, I completed this quilt top for my second-grader and will hopefully have it quilted before the summer is out.

I have to be honest and say I didn't love making the blocks for this quilt.  I had a really difficult time getting the blocks to be the same size.  To top it all off, my finished blocks were about 1/4 of an inch smaller than indicated on the directions.  It wasn't a big deal, because the blocks were all consistently smaller.  BUT, it makes me question my 1/4" seam measurement.  I kept measuring and re-measuring, and doing test blocks, but to no avail.

Despite my measuring difficulties, I like the final result.  The fabric is Sweetwater's Hometown.  The quilt is actually from a kit purchased through the Fat Quarter Shop.  What can I say?  Kits appeal to me.  I want to find a yellow print for the backing, the same yellow as the polka-dot arrows.

It was a little breezy, so I couldn't get the quilt to hold still!  You get the idea, though.
As I'm now done with the quilt top, I'd like to pass the pattern on to someone else.  So, if anyone would like this pattern, shoot me a quick e-mail at elvycrafts(at)gmail.com, and I'd be happy to send it you.  Don't forget to include your mailing address.

Almost forgot, I'm linking up to Sew Happy Geek's Monday Linky Party!

2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

it looks great, waiting to see how you quilt it xx

Karen O said...

Happy to see you back! I am pretty erratic too. :) That quilt is really cute.