Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Quiet Week

I didn't manage to do much of anything this week -- too much Downton Abbey in the evenings.  Well, now that we've managed to blow through the first season in just under a week, I can get back to regular activities. 

I did finish up the last of my Swoon blocks -- woohoo -- but have two more cut out for pillows that I wanted to finish.


I also finished this hat last weekend, but in my excitement over my longarm quilting adventures, posting about this hat seemed anticlimactic.  The pattern is the Brier Toque by Cecily Glowik MacDonald, featured in Weekend Hats.  The entire hat was knit in a stockinette stitch.


The yarn is a variegated fingering weight wool by Koigu. I'm trying to knit only from my stash and haven't bought any yarn in ages, but it's been slow going.  Mr. Elvy has been using it as a night cap -- I think he's kinda too embarrassed to wear such an exaggerated floppy hat in public.

1 comment:

Diane-crewe said...

I think its a great het...love the colours in it xx