I started this quilt exactly one year ago, and it languished for quite a while before I picked it up again to start the quilting process. I do like it, but it turned out to be longer and narrower than I would have liked. It fits on a twin sized bed, but with not much overhang on the sides. Oh, well. Next time.
I quilted a simple rectangular grid following the block outline. Here's a picture of the back, which shows the quilting a little better. As I was adding the binding, I was thinking that the backing didn't quite match the main fabrics. I wonder now if I goofed and accidentally picked a fabric from a different design group, because that turquoise is quite different than all the other blues.
For the binding, though, I was able to find one more print in the same collection on a recent trip to my local fabric store. It was a lucky find, because there were really no other prints from this collection left, at least in this particular colorway.
I also added a big tag. No. 2 knows how to read and write his name, as well as "mom" so I thought it would be fun for him to see.
Just one last close-up!