Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Last Pair of Pajamas for This Winter

Way back when I made these for No. 2, I also cut out a pair for No. 1 but ran out of fabric. I needed another half yard or so for the sleeves and front facing, but wouldn't you know it, my local fabric store didn't have the fabric in stock any longer. This particular fabric store also isn't known for re-stocking items that it considers seasonal -- product moves really fast there. Nevertheless, I kept going back (not particularly for this purpose, but because I'm a frequent shopper) hoping that it would reappear. And one day it did!


The fabric is called Hooty Hoot Kangaroo Jacks by Doohikey for Riley Blake Designs. These were constructed exactly like the previous ones, with the addition of 1/4-inch bias piping. I think my sewing skills are definitely improving, as this pair seemed to come together (mostly) painlessly. I did have to rip out a few stitches while setting in the sleeves, but setting sleeves have always been difficult for me.

The pattern is Indygo Junction's Jack & Jill Jammies, which is on sale right now at Pink Chalk Fabrics.  I really like this pattern, because it's a nice, basic style that you can do a lot with.  Plus the size range is pretty cool, from 4 to 12.  These ones are a size 8, btw.


Oops, I haven't yet learned to pick/cut stray threads before doing photo shoots. You can see a couple on the close-up of the collar (above).  The picture below is actually the pocket detail on the pajama bottoms.  I added a back pocket.  No. 1 is 6 1/2 years old, and it helps him immensely to have a way to tell which is the front and back of the pants!


OK, now that we're done with the winter flannels, I'm moving on to the spring jammies!  I've got my spring wardrobe to work on, too (yeah, right).

No comments: