Sunday, February 8, 2009

Instant Gratification

I'm still working on the February Lady Sweater. Unfortunately, not much progress since my last post, between a combination of being busy at work and having an irksome case of tennis elbow on the right.

To get out of my rut, I whipped together these two little bits of sewing yesterday. Each took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Now, that's instant gratification!



This is a freebie from the Spool website. You can find the pattern here: http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/. When you look at the entry from Spool, you will see that the only mod to it was to attach a piece of ribbon to turn it into an ornament.



This one is also a freebie from Heather Bailey's blog, hellomynameisheather.com. The best part of both projects is that I used scrap fabric and materials I already had on hand. This was after having dropped quite a bit at the Fabric Depot sale on Friday on more than enough fabrics to keep me busy for awhile.

BTW, I gifted both to my sister tonight as a hostess gift for Niece #6's first birthday. I also gave her the little China Doll dress that I posted about previously.

No comments: